Vintage

Vintage
Light up your Life

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Presents



Today I have been searching the charity shops for a birthday present. This year I have set myself the challenge of finding beautiful things that can be recycled as gifts for friends and family. Recently, I purchased a beautiful, pressed-glass cake stand for my husband's aunt. A home-made chocolate cake was placed on top and the two were wrapped in cellophane and tied with a ribbon - she loved this present.

Today, whilst browsing in one of my favourite charity shops, I got chatting to the manageress. She discovered that I liked cake stands and mentioned that she had one that was without it's central handle -she sold it to me for pence. The plates are pink glass and almost identical to the one above. I now just need to search for a handle to keep the look authentic. I will try Freecycle and will let you know if I have any luck.

If anyone out there knows where I can get hold of a handle like the one in the photo, please can you let me know. Adorned with home-made cup-cakes I think this would make a wonderful gift for my dear sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment