Vintage

Vintage
Light up your Life

Monday 7 March 2011

Menu Planner

Dear Sweet Home has blogged about the benefits of menu planning. This is something I used to do a few years ago but I have since got into some very bad habits - not even looking at the price of the food I am buying - Things have got to change; I am just throwing money away. So, I am going back to menu planning.

Menu for Week Commencing 7.3.11

Monday

Home-made sausage rolls (made with real sausages)
beans
new potatoes

Tuesday

Everyone out for dinner.

Wednesday

Glazed chorizo
mashed potato
fresh vegetables

Thursday

Chicken satay skewers
fiery noodle salad

Friday

Cheat's home-made pizza
3 salads

Saturday

Crispy chicken
Green Curry
Kimchee Slaw
Rice Noodles

Sunday

Roast chicken
roasted vegetables
horseradish mash
Yorkshire pudding

So, that is the menu and I have made out a shopping list that also includes fillings for sandwiches, yoghurts and fresh fruit - healthy puddings - now let's see if my shopping bill reduces. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment