Vintage

Vintage
Light up your Life

Sunday 23 January 2011

Family Festival

I love my family and my husband's family. As often as possible we have get-togethers. Sometimes it is just my husband's family (In-laws Day), sometimes just mine and sometimes we have both families together. Today was 'In-laws Day'. This is a day when all of my in-laws visit us for lunch. It was a great day!

We did a spread that included a double portion of Ludi's Chicken, a range of steamed vegetables as well as a range of roasted vegetables, sweet potatoes and tzatziki. For pudding my son, James, made our favourite, easy-peasy 'Tayah's pudding' (named after my niece). This was followed by cheese and biscuits, Christmas cake and coffee.

They all loved Ludi's Chicken by Tessa Kiros (from her book Falling Cloudberries).

My camera charger is still in the loft so I have no pics to show you. What I do have, however, is the recipe for 'Tayah's Pudding':

4 large bananas
450ml fresh double cream (roughly 1 pint)
1 whole packet of ginger biscuits (Sainsbury's own have a lovely chewy texture or McVities)
225ml single cream (approximately 1/2 pint)

Whip the double cream until very thick
mash four bananas (I use a potato masher)
fold the banana mixture into the whipped cream
place the mixture in a serving dish (glass if possible)
crush the packet of ginger biscuits until there are no lumps (I use a food-processor for this with the blade attachment, if you don't have one put the biscuits in a plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin)
sprinkle the crushed biscuits over the banana and cream mixture
Voila...

I serve this dish with single cream but you don't have to; it is fine as it is.

Tip

I make this dish just before people arrive, so that the bananas still look fresh when it is served and it does taste lovely when it has been chilled in the fridge for an hour or so.

Why don't you have an 'In-laws Day' and serve up this simple but delicious pudding. Let me know how you get on; I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment